Dental veneers are fast becoming a popular choice for patients. The most common reasoning behind this is aesthetics. It is normal to be self conscious of your smiles and if something affects dental aesthetics, it is recommended to get a complete makeover so that you don’t lose out on your precious social standing on account of some toothy problem.
What are dental veneers?
Dental veneers are a replacement surface for your affected teeth. They require a complicated procedure during placement and is challenging for both the patient and the dentist. Typically, veneers are not very durable and can develop several complications if improperly administered. They are most commonly made of porcelain as it best imitates the color and texture of a normal tooth. Regular checkups with your dental care professional are necessary in order to maintain aesthetics.
What you should consider before getting veneers
There are several aspects to consider before getting your aesthetic makeover which primarily includes your oral health.
- Dental veneers cannot function as expected with soft gum tissue. Your dental care professional needs to address this before setting up your veneers lest more serious problems are faced afterward.
- Lab wax ups are necessary for veneers as they are fabricated. Dentists can use that to properly set up the veneers to suit your teeth structure in the arch. A lot of complications can be avoided if this is performed and your veneers will give you a satisfactory experience.
- You must consider a good aesthetic ceramist to fabricate your veneers. It is important that the veneers imitate your teeth and enamel color to blend perfectly with the rest of your teeth. Since aesthetics is the objective, it is a vital point to consider.
- You must avoid grinding and clenching your teeth as it contributes to wearing down of the veneers as well as underlying teeth.
- Regular oral health checks are also necessary as there may be several conditions that are not treated singularly with veneers. Your dental care professional needs to ascertain that these conditions do not affect the veneers and treat them before it turns serious.
The aesthetics behind dental veneers
Dental veneers are most primarily used for aesthetic treatments in cosmetic dentistry. This is why they are most typically made of porcelain which replicates our natural tooth to indiscernible perfection. But where they lack in durability, they most certainly make up for it with their flawless looks which is why patients prefer the use of veneers. It is advisable to consult your dental care professional on the matter as there may be several other oral complications to sort through before your awaited cosmetic dental makeover.